Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Congratulations to Jo & Paul

For my third wedding of December and my last of 2009 I was back up in Stratford at Ettington Chase as Jo & Paul chose the last weekend before Christmas for their wedding. It was -5 degrees as I scraped the ice off the car and headed to Warwick to catch Jo getting ready, then off to St. Margaret's church in nearby Whitnash .

This is a classic shot of Paul checking his watch (not posed either!) as the low winter sun throws a highlight on to his watch arm. The freezing temperatures were well worth it to get this lovely light.

Here's Jo signing the register. I was allowed free rein in the church so could capture the ceremony from a few different angles.



Beautiful light still afterwards but too cold for group shots at the church!

Here's one reason why people choose winter weddings - look at that sky! That's Fred's 80 year old Rolls Royce in the background. A lovely car but I'm glad I was following in my car with modern heating - they didn't have any!



After a few group shots outside (I let the guests pop in and out of the Library through the side door to warm up!) we decided to do the rest inside by the piano. I love this natural one of Jo & Paul.




Later on, after the meal, a special guest took time out from his busy schedule to come and chat to the kids and hand out presents. Needless to say he was a big hit!


With the dark closing in it was time for some more low-key shots. This one is in the entrance hall at Ettington Chase, just lit by the overhead lights.

And finally a nicely worked out first dance.


Congratulations again and I hope Paul didn't let the secret getaway destination slip too early. I'm sure it was amazing and I look forward to catching up in the New Year.

In between Bridget & Tony's and Jo & Paul's weddings I also photographed the John Masefield carol concert at Ledbury Church and I've had a couple more studio portraits today. So it's been a great December. Just need to finish the Xmas shopping now!

No comments:

Post a Comment