Saturday, May 16, 2009

The Specials

Well it seems that blog posts are like buses for me. That's 4 in a week.
Anyway, last night I had the absolute privilege of getting a photo pass for the Specials homecoming gig at the Ricoh Arena, Coventry. My camera was still in the bag when Noel Gallagher wandered in surrounded by security guards so I missed that shot but never mind!
Obviously the Specials were amazing. 30 years on and they've lost none of their energy (well maybe a little bit) and they are LOUD!
An amazing pit experience. Here's some of the shots.


Neville - Bernie Rhodes knows don't argue!


Sir Horace Gentleman, one of my bass inspirations.


What a drummer, Brad with his 2-Tone kit.


Terry Hall still on top form


Roddy Radiation looking more Clash-like than ever.

There should be some more up on Brum Live soon along with a full review.

No comments:

Post a Comment