Friday, July 11, 2008



It's chucking it down with rain as I prepare for a busy day to start the final weekend of the Ledbury Poetry Festival. There are a few events coming up that look interesting so I'm hoping for some nice shots. Pics from the last few days are on the Festival website but I've included a couple here too. At the top is Jehane Markham with her jazz trio (or duo really). Jehane read her poetry to jazz sounds from a double-bass player and a pianist. Not quite sure what to make of that really. If it had been tongue in cheek it might have been ok but I don't think it was!
Anyway, the second pic is of Roger Garfitt talking about Frances Horovitz. I was looking forward to hearing what a hammered dulcimer sounds like (on the left of the picture), but 45 minutes after Roger started talking there was still no sign of its player. I'm afraid I couldn't hang around any longer so I'll have to save that pleasure for another time!

No comments:

Post a Comment